tiistai 14. helmikuuta 2012

Boxtrix.


This was my first finished Android game. I invented original idea for Kinect but the idea needed too accurate hand tracking so that idea was deserted. I code original prototype with Slick2d in couple hours and it was totally playable and fun even back then. Project name was Kinectris. prototype applet

After couple months after that University was starting from summer break and I signed up for Game programming course. I decided to work solo and do android game. I wanted to learn all about  Android and finally give Kinectris another chance. Name evolved to Boxtris and later I renamed it Boxtrix becouse there was iOS game that have same name and similar gameplay(physic puzzle).

Gameplay is classic Tetris but with new twist. All blocks are physic object that player can rotate and move freely. Suddendly simple game is complex and hard even with really slow pace of falling blocks.
Multitouch support and intuitive controlls help with this but game is totally playble even with mouse.

Coding this game was bit tedious becouse prototype was ready so fast but for polished game I used over 300hours. Prize for my hard work was excellent grade for the course(5/5) and over ten thousand downloads

Download game here: https://market.android.com/details?id=boxtrix.android
Or play it as applet: http://www.students.tut.fi/~hamala26/boxtris-applet/

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti